Welcome to Open Enrollment
Partnering with parents to select the best learning environment for every student.
First round Open Enrollment is now closed
We then empower families to find the best educational fit for their children. Learn More...
Families who wish to enroll their student in a school other than their neighborhood school must use this tool to request Open Enrollment during one of two open enrollment periods DCSD offers annually. You do not need to use this open enrollment tool to stay at your school of current enrollment.
- Click here for step by step instructions on how to use the tool
- First round open enrollment is not first-come, first-served; you have until December 1 at 4:00 pm to complete this process.
- You may request that a confirmation email be sent to you after your request has been submitted.
- Parents wishing to enroll their three & four year olds in district preschools do not go through open enrollment. Preschool registration will take place in early January. Follow this link for more information.
- You can change your open enrollment request choices at any time until December 1 at 4:00 pm.
- You can choose to have your choices emailed to you after you have completed open enrollment.
- Schools have until December 7 at 4:00pm to offer you an open enrollment slot, based on space availability. (these offers will not be visible to you until after 12/9) You can log back into EngagED parent portal on or after December 9 to check on any offers you may have received.
- You have until December 15 at 4:00pm to accept an open enrollment offer from a school through the EngagED parent portal.
- If your open enrollment request is not accepted by any school, or you didn't log in and accept your offer, you will automatically be placed on the second round open enrollment waitlist, which runs from January 22 to August 1st.
- Second round open enrollment is "first come first served." Students requesting open enrollment only in the second round are placed on the waitlist behind those that are currently on the waitlist from first round.
- If you are open enrolled at a neighborhood school or attend a charter but would like to return to the neighborhood school associated with your address for the next school year you must file an intent to return form by January 8, 2018.
- If you are moving within the district but would like to remain at your current school, you may do so my filing an intent to remain form at any time.
NOTE: This application does not support applying to DCSD preschools. The following Charter Schools will be utilizing the tool this year: SkyView Academy, Academy Charter School, Renaissance Secondary and Apex Community School. Please contact all other Charter schools directly to learn more about enrollment options for charter schools. For DCSD preschools click this link.
First Window: November 1, 2017 - December 1, 2017 Second Window: January 22, 2018 - August 1, 2018
For more information, please contact Choice Programming Office Coordinator Kristin Schmidt at klschmidt[at]dcsdk12[dot]org OR 303-387-9506