Student safety is our number one priority!
Entering the School:
- All exterior doors are locked and anyone entering the school must ring the buzzer for permission to enter through the front door.
- A signature and proof of identification is required and a dated visitor’s badge will be given to you.
Student pick up and drop off:
To ensure student safety and maintain a consistent traffic flow, we ask that you obey traffic rules as you enter and exit the parking lot, including the “Right Turn Only” that is in effect from 8:15 – 8:40am and 3:15 – 3:45pm. Left turns are unsafe during those times because they often result in gridlock, which blocks access for emergency vehicles through the neighborhood. Visibility is also reduced when there are large vehicles waiting to turn right. If you need to access Ridgeglen Way from the parking lot, turn right onto Southpark, and left onto Woodland. Woodland connects with Ridgeglen Way before it reaches Highlands Ranch Parkway.
- To ensure student safety and maintain a consistent traffic flow, we ask that you use the designated drop-off and pick-up areas in our car loop.
- Front loop is for busses only.
- Right turn only when entering or exiting the parking lot.
- There is no parking in the drop off/pick up loop.
- Staff assists students before and after school in the loop.
- Pull as far forward as possible.
- Parents must remain in their cars and load/unload students on the curb -side of the car.
And remember: No Texting or Cell Phones in the Car Loop!!!
- If you choose to meet your child at their classroom exterior door or another location on school grounds, you must park in the lot or on the street.
- Remember to use designated crosswalk area on Southpark when crossing the street or parking lot.
- Use the safety path that wraps around our parking lot.
NOTE: The crosswalk at the entrance to the parking lot is closed from 8:15- 8:40AM and 3:15-3:45PM to expedite traffic flow and keep our students safe.
Scooters and Bikes
- Bicycles/scooters must be walked and skateboards must be carried while on school property