Links for Learning
Logging in and Learning at Lone Tree Elementary
Username: Student's last name, first initial and middle initial (e.g. Alex Lucas Jones' username would be jonesal). User name followed by @s.dcsdk12.org is the student email address and gmail user account that can be used for sharing documents with students even without access to email.
Password: Dcsd+their ID#
- Search for Books in our Learning Commons
- iStation Logon
- Logon to Accelerated Reader
- enVision Math Login
- Edmodo for DCSD
- FunBrain - Educational games
- Learning Planet - Great educational games by grade level.
Search Engines for Kids
- Kiddle - Google's search engine for kids
- Yahooligans - This is probably the best search engine for elementary students.
- Google for Kids and Teens - This site may find higher level information for older students.
- Searching on the internet activity - Click here for a quick activity with tips on using the internet as a resource.
Educational Videos, Articles, Images, and Clipart for Students
- Student Log In for Discovery Streaming - Ask your teacher for the user name and password.
- Pics4Learning - Copyright-friendly images for education
Animated Science, Health, Technology, Math, Social Studies and English movies, comic strips, and activity pages. This resource only works during school hours. Ask your teacher for the user name and password.
- Citing Sources and Creating Bibliographies - Always cite your sources!
- easybib - Create MS Word-ready MLA-style bibliographies
- Citation Machine - Click MLA citation format on left and find the type of resource you wish to cite.
- Word Central Student Dictionary - Develop vocabulary and spelling skills
- Thesaurus.com - Work on word choice and development
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary and Thesaurus - Good writing reference
- Grammar Gorillas - Great Funbrain game to work on editing and writing skills
- Power Proofreading - Another game to work on proofreading for grammar and conventions.
- Wordle.net - Make word clouds - Check it out!
- Booklists for Youth - American Library Association lists including
- Scholastic for Kids - Many activities with books to reinforce reading
- Funbrain Reading - Reading activities and mad libs!
- NCTM Illuminations Web Resources - Select current grade and play the games listed.
- AAA Math - Select grade level and concept to be reinforced.
- Harcourt Math Vocabulary - Great visual site for vocabulary sorted by grade level.
- A Maths Dictionary for Kids - Another awesome site for math vocabulary.
- E-Labs Click on a grade level, choose a concept, print out the record page and complete!
- KidsNumbers.com - practice math!
- Funbrain Math Arcade - Games making math fun!
- Action Math - These interactive word problems are awesome! If a student gets an answer incorrect, they are able to watch a video to learn the answer!
- Math Mayhem - Great resource for reinforcing math facts.
- Journey North for Kids - A sampling of stories, pictures and video clips from nature just for kids!
- National Wildlife Federation/Activities with Ranger Rick - Wildlife and environment
- Animal Planet - Activites from Discovery Network's show
- Astronomy Picture of the Day - Awesome sights of our universe
- Earth and Sky - Great daily information about the sky and earth in general
- Kid's Earth and Sky - Specific activities for kids
- Starchild, A Learning Center for Young Astronomers - Created by NASA about space
- Nine Planets - Good or planet research and information
- StarDate - Moon phase and night sky
- KidsAstronomy - Current observation information and games to play
- Windows to the Universe - Games to play and scientific information
Geography, History, Current Events
- Brain Boosters - Challenge your mind in many areas
- Funbrain - Activities in several content areas
- Education 4 Kids - Drill games for all content areas
Personal Finance Literacy
- Biz Kids - Check out this site to play games, make a budget and learn about how to spend money wisely.
- Kids Bank - a fun place for kids to learn about banking and money.
- Money Flashcards - Practice figuring total amounts of money shown in bills and coins.
- Making Sense of Money - Comprehensive, student-generated site covering money history and trivia, banks, vocabulary, and a scavenger hunt/quiz.
- Birth of a Coin - Check out the United States Mint cite to find out about the history of money, play games, and learn about money in other countries.