New First Period
New Eagle Academy 1st Period Classes
In order to meet Colorado state requirements for school funding hours, Eagle Academy has had to add an additional period beginning with the 2018-19 school year. The new first period will take place from Tuesday to Thursday, 1:10-2:21. All students will be enrolled either in Option 1 or Option 2, based on their work situation.
Option 1 – Career Exploration
· Students MUST submit their ACE paperwork by the end of Week 1 each quarter – no
exceptions or extensions will be allowed.
· Career Exploration is Pass/Fail.
· There is no Student Success Score.
· Attendance will be taken at the end of class.
· Students must complete and submit reflection assignments and meet attendance requirements to pass class.
· Student must pass Career Exploration in order to pass ACE Work Experience and must pass Work Experience in order to pass Career Exploration.
· Students who fail Career Exploration twice in an academic year will be automatically placed in Option 2 courses for the remainder of the academic year.
· .25 ELE/PRA credit will be awarded per quarter in addition to credit earned through ACE Work Experience.
Option 2 – Seminar/Academic Classes
· Students who are not working or did not submit ACE paperwork by the end of Week 1 each quarter – no exceptions or extensions will be allowed.
· Seminar/Academic classes will be graded on an A-F scale.
· Seminar/Academic classes will include Student Success Score.
· Attendance will be taken at the beginning of class.
· Students must complete assigned work and meet attendance requirements like all other classes in order to pass.
· Students who fail Seminar/Academic classes or its Student Success Score will be placed on Academic Leave the following quarter.
· Students will be rotated through Seminar/Academic classes by quarter.
· .25 ELE or Content credit will be awarded per quarter.