The Stallion Scoop: 7Apr16
IN THIS WEEK'S NEWSLETTER:
- PRINCIPAL CHRONICLES
- FROM THE ASSISANT PRINCIPAL
- PSP NEWS
- GIFTED & TALENTED NEWS
- CHAP AFTER PROM OPEN HOUSE FLYER
- CAMP INVENTION
PRINCIPAL CHRONICLES - JOSH MILLER
The Principal Chronicles continue ... Here we are in the final push toward the end of school. It's hard to believe how fast the year has gone by already. Normally, in this space, I would talk a lot about some of the trials and tribulations of my Spring Break, but this year there truly isn't much to talk about. I essentially worked every day over break and even when I went to Estes Park the last half of break I still had to spend the majority of my time working.
I know what you are thinking, Renee said the same thing to me (her direct quote was ) "I would love to get two weeks off for Spring Break, the real world isn't on break. We all still have to go to work." So there you go, life at my house.
We have a big day coming up on May 6th; it's our second prototype of STEAM Day. We had such a huge turn out in December, and we can't wait for May 6th. This time we are going to try it in the afternoon from 2:00-3:30p. More details will be coming out shortly and if we are lucky we may have a big reveal as well. Stay tuned ...
That is it for this week, I'm off to start final evaluations for everybody and their mother. April is when it seems like everything is due. Have a great week and mark your calendars for May 6th from 2:00 - 3:30p.
Until next time when the Principal Chronicles continue ...
FROM THE ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL - ROBIN HUNT
We have had two incidents this week of unsafe driving on or near our school property. PLEASE be aware of families and staff walking near the school. When picking up and dropping off students, please take your time and be patient with those (pedestrians or vehicles) around you. We want to ensure that our community arrive at school and home safely.
- We are implementing a new voice level system at CTE. The system includes hand signals. Here are the posters we are using to support understanding. You will begin to see these around the hallways and in other areas of the school. Thank you for respecting our system.
- We are also implementing a new positive reward system throughout our building. Students will earn stickers for exhibiting EPIC character. Once a student earns a sticker, the student completes a ticket with their homeroom teacher and takes it to the office. On Fridays, one ticket per grade level will be drawn and that student will be announced during the morning announcements. We are asking for your help with recognition and celebrating EPIC character. When you see student with a sticker, please congratulate them and ask them to share why they received the sticker. This is the beginning of our EPIC system and we look forward to adding more incentives next year.
- Third and fourth graders will begin PARCC testing on April 11. For more testing information (including schedules), please visit our school website and click on the State Mandated Testing tab.
- Fifth graders will take CMAS Science on Aril 14 and 15.
PSP April/May 2016 Newsletter
Games Night: Thursday, April 21st from 6:30pm - 8:00pm is our annual Games Night! This is a FREE event and open to our CTE community. Prizes will be awarded and ice cream will be served. Come join us for a fun night before the three day weekend (no school on Friday, April 22nd).
Restaurant Night: Mark your calendar for this month's restaurant night at Sonic on Monday, April 25th from 5:00pm - 7:00pm. During this time Sonic will donate 10% of the sales to our school, which will benefit Teacher Grants.
CHAPARRAL AFTER PROM OPEN HOUSE flyer