School Accountability Committee
What is SAC?
The purpose of the SAC is to inform, encourage and provide opportunities for parent and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes. The SAC makes recommendations concerning the school’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement, or Turnaround plan, and meets at least quarterly to discuss implementation of the school’s plan and other progress pertinent to the school’s accreditation contract with the Board of Education. Final decision-making authority rests with the principal or other person or group receiving the recommendation from the SAC (e.g., The Superintendent, District Accountability Committee (“DAC”) or Board of Education).
Who attends SAC meetings?
There shall be seven voting members consisting of:
- Principal – The principal of the school or the principal’s designee.
- Teacher – One teacher who provides instruction at the school.
- Three parents or legal guardians – Three parents or legal guardians of students enrolled in the school.
- PTS Adult – One adult member of an organization of parents, teachers, and students (PTS) recognized by the school. If the school does not have a recognized PTS organization, a fourth parent or legal guardian of a student enrolled in the school is elected to the SAC by a majority vote of the parent community.
- Community – One person from the community not otherwise included above (Article IV, Section A, 1-4) and, if practical, represents the business community. “Community” is defined broadly to mean lives or owns a business in Douglas County and is not a relative of or a legal guardian of a student attending the school they represent.
- Non-Voting Members - At the option of the SAC, non-voting members may be selected by a simple majority vote of the above voting members. Non-voting members will be active participants in SAC, but will not be called upon to vote should a vote of the SAC be necessary
When/Where are SAC meetings held?
SAC meets quarterly, at 5:30p in the Learning Commons. All are welcome to attend!
15-Nov-2017 (Wednesday) - agenda
What happens at SAC meetings?
Parents who attend the meetings have an opportunity to just sit and listen to discussions between the Principal, SAC board members, and any guest speakers. Parent guests at the SAC meeting have no expectations placed upon them, other than to understand the material presented and be a positive voice while sharing the information with others in the community. If desired, there is an open forum at the end of each meeting where parents can bring any appropriate concerns in front of the SAC board.