Payroll: Calendar Year 2016 W-2 tax printing elections
We're quickly approaching the end of the calendar year. This means we'll be issuing your 2016 YEAR END W-2 statement by January 31, 2017.
IRS requires employers to mail W-2's unless the employee chooses to "opt out" of mailing and receive an electronic copy of their W-2.
Remember in Workday you have access to print/save tax statements directly from your desktop 24/7, making it immediately available to you when you need it!
If you are curious, you can find your 2015 W-2s under your Pay worklet.
Click on “Pay”, then choose “My Tax Documents” and you will find your 2015 W-2.
At the top of this screen you will see where you can change your tax Printing Elections.
This is the same location your 2016 calendar year W-2 will appear!
In December, all employees will be receiving a "To Do" item in your Workday "Inbox" to review/or change your Tax Printing Elections.
- Click on the “My Tax Documents” button below.
- Click on the “edit” button to review or change your tax printing elections.
- If you are changing your W-2 Printing elections, click “OK to save your changes. Click “Cancel” to keep the existing preferences.
- Go back to Workday’s Inbox, “W-2 Printing Task” and click Submit.
- When you click “Submit” – the task will exit your Workday Inbox
For further detailed instructions on Changing your Tax Printing Elections, click here
While in Workday, this would be a good time to review/edit the following items to ensure an Accurate W-2!
Personal Information - About Me
- Contact –home address
- Personal –Names (legal name), IDs (Social Security Number)
If you have any questions or concerns about your Tax Documents, please contact Payroll directly at payroll[at]dcsdk12[dot]org or call, (720) 433-0133, option 1.