DCSD welcomes civil discussion and feedback from stakeholders. We consider you, our students, parents, employees and community members to be a valuable part of the partnership to provide our students the best education possible.
There are many ways you can address concerns, get answers and provide praise. Generally we encourage people to begin with the school or department closest to the issue. We provide contact information on each department and school website.
The District utilizes social media as part of its effort to provide information to its students, parents, employees and the community. We welcome comments on these sites, but expect the conversation to remain civil, on-topic, and accurate. DCSD reserves the right to remove comments and multiple abuses of our Facebook posting policy may result in a user being banned from DCSD's social media accounts.
Read our Facebook Posting Policy
Submit Stories & Events
We are always looking for great stories about our students, staff and school communities to feature on our website and in our newsletters.
Good News Submissions
Share your good news or event!
We know that there are great things going on in our schools every day. Help us to celebrate the achievements of our students, teachers, and staff to parents and the Douglas County community!
The kinds of school stories and events we cover: When determining news coverage, we seek out interesting or unique stories that would appeal to the broader Douglas County community, such as:
- Events or activities that highlight your school's academic excellence
- Activities that show a diversity of education and excellence (authentic learning, STEM, outdoor learning, expeditionary learning, etc.)
- Individual student, teacher, or staff member achievements
- School/Student fundraising achievements for third-party nonprofit causes
- Annual school traditions
- Promotion in the DCSD Events Guide for high school plays and musicals
- Profiles of teachers and principals
- District, state, regional and national level competitions and championships
- Multiple schools collaborating within DCSD on a project or activity
Depending on the story or event, we may provide coverage via social media, a written article, photo coverage and/or video coverage. For event promotion, we typically include school events in our monthly DCSD Event Guide.
The kinds of school stories and events we do not cover:
- School fundraisers such as Fun-Runs
- School-level competitions
- Promotion of elementary and middle school plays and musicals
- Event video recording or Livestreaming for non-news coverage purposes