Good News Submissions
Share your good news or event!
We know that there are great things going on in our schools every day. Help us to celebrate the achievements of our students, teachers, and staff to parents and the Douglas County community!
The kinds of school stories and events we cover: When determining news coverage, we seek out interesting or unique stories that would appeal to the broader Douglas County community, such as:
- Events or activities that highlight your school's academic excellence
- Activities that show a diversity of education and excellence (authentic learning, STEM, outdoor learning, expeditionary learning, etc.)
- Individual student, teacher, or staff member achievements
- School/Student fundraising achievements for third-party nonprofit causes
- Annual school traditions
- Promotion in the DCSD Events Guide for high school plays and musicals
- Profiles of teachers and principals
- District, state, regional and national level competitions and championships
- Multiple schools collaborating within DCSD on a project or activity
Depending on the story or event, we may provide coverage via social media, a written article, photo coverage and/or video coverage. For event promotion, we typically include school events in our monthly DCSD Event Guide.
The kinds of school stories and events we do not cover:
- School fundraisers such as Fun-Runs
- School-level competitions
- Promotion of elementary and middle school plays and musicals
- Event video recording or Livestreaming for non-news coverage purposes