July 21 Board Briefing
The Douglas County Board of Education convened for business at 5 p.m. on July 21, 2015. The Board conducted business items and engaged public comment with District stakeholders. The live stream of board meetings can be found on the official DCSD Livestream channel.
Call to Order and Roll Call
Board of Education memebers in attendance: Doug Benevento, James Geddes, Meghann Silverthorne, Judith Reynolds and Craig Richardson.
Pledge of Allegiance
- Unofficial Board of Education Minutes
- Board of Education: Department Budget Worksheet(s)
- Board of Education: Student Discipline Report
Convene in Executive Session (a closed session)
Re-Convene Executive Session
Toyota Production System (LEAN Process Improvement) Implementation in Operations Portfolio
Chief Operating Officer Thomas Tsai and his team presented the Toyota Production System (TPS, also known commonly as LEAN manufacturing) to the Board. TPS is a comprehensive change leadership system utilized by leading innovative companies across the world to enhance employee engagement/empowerment, operational excellence, client focus, and innovation. DCSD will be among the first, if not the first, to fully implement TPS/LEAN into a school district’s operational management, culture, and leadership system.
View the presentation at https://eboardsecure.dcsdk12.org/attachments/9ab1a051-3970-4a7e-b678-964...
Personalized Learning Annual Update
Chief Student Advocacy Officer Jason Germain and his team briefed the Board on their Personalized Learning plan centered on meeting the unique needs of all learners.
View the presentation at https://eboardsecure.dcsdk12.org/attachments/4bf1ac12-0291-4a6f-a959-540...
Board of Education Reports
Board Report: President and Vice President Items
Board Committee and Liaison Reports
Adoption of Consent Agenda
The Board of Education voted 7-0 to approve the following items in the Consent Agenda:
- DCSD Beverage Contract (Nutrition/Vending/Stadiums)
- School Lunch and Breakfast Meal Price Increase Request
- Custodial Services Contracts
- GovConnection IT Device and Hardware Purchases
- Apple Device Purchase
- Information Technology Staff Augmentation and Consulting
- World Compass Academy Waiver Request
- Intergovernmental Agreement Between Douglas County Clerk and Recorder and the Douglas County School District, November 3, 2015 Coordinated Election
- Intergovernmental Agreement Between Elbert County Clerk and Recorder and the Douglas County School District, November 3, 2015 Coordinated Election
- Personnel Changes
The DCSD Board of Education adjourned at 9:09 p.m.