Douglas County School District values the health of all our employees! We provide programs to encourage and engage employees to succeed in their wellness goals. Staff wellness programs have been proven to be positive and create a supportive environment.
Take it to the hoop and SCORE BIG
Slam Dunk Wellness is a fun, team-based challenge and an easy way to enhance your health and feel your best.
· Take daily shots for smart exercise, nutrition, and wellness habits
· Play a different District team everyday
· Captures the excitement of tournament basketball and makes good health fun
A few dates to keep in mind:
· March 9 – April 9, 2015 – Team formation (preseason). April 9, 2015 is the last day you can form aSlam Dunk Wellness team.
· Friday, April 10, 2015 – League schedule posted. Log in to see what teams you’re playing the first week of Slam Dunk Wellness and take a few practice shots to warm up for the regular season.
· Monday, April 13, 2015 – Start of the season. Begin recording your activity and watch your team’s progress against your opponents.
Register now and find a team or create a team (5 to a team):
1st place team: Will win a $1,000 gift card to use for purchasing staff wellness items for their location (1 gift card for the entire team). Each team member will win a Fitbit Charge.
2nd place team: Will win a $250 gift card to use for purchasing staff wellness items for their location (1 gift card for their entire team). Each team member will win a Fitbit Charge.
3rd place team: Each team member will win a Fitbit Charge.
4th place team: Each team member will win a DCSD Wellness imprinted prize.
Check out the Staff Wellness Motivation site to challenge yourself, give kudos to your co-workers and be on top the leader board.
Create an account if this is your first time logging on the DCSD Staff Motivational Wellness portal for the 2014-2015 school year.
Staff Kickball Tournament
Cimarron Middle School - Champions (pictured)
Frontier Valley Elementary - 2nd place (pictured)
Plum Creek Academy - 3rd place
Thank you to all the teams that participated!
Does your school or site have a Staff Wellness Super Champ? Find out here! If your school or site has a Super Champ, you can expect wellness challenges and activities where you work for the 2014-2015 school year! We are looking for more Super Champs to represent our schools and sites! If you are interested contact Michele Carter - michele.carter[at]dcsdk12[dot]org.
WELCOA SILVER WELL-WORKPLACE AWARD WINNER 2015