FAQ's Student Data and Information Services


We have tried to capture most of the Frequently Asked Questions for our department. If you can't find your question answered here, please call Student Data & Information Services at 720-433-0095 and we'll be happy to assist you.

Q: How do I request a copy of my Transcripts for College?

A: Current students or recent graduates should request their Official Transcripts from the school they are attending or recently graduated from. Alumni who graduated more than a year ago should request their Official Transcript from our online Transcript / Records Request Program.

Q: How do I get an Official Copy of my College Entrance Test Scores?

A: ACT & SAT Test Scores are included on your Transcript (if we have them in our student information system). If Official scores are needed, you would request them directly from the testing agency.

Official ACT Test Scores can be request from www.ACT.org
Official SAT Test Scores can be requested from www.collegeboard.org

Q: How do I complete an Education Verification on a prior student with your district?

A: Background investigation companies or potential employers will need to provide a signed release from the individual student before we can release any information to your company. All verifications are requested online (you will upload the release online). We will respond to your request, usually within 48 hours.

Q: I have misplaced my HS Diploma--where can I get another copy of it?

A: Your HS Diploma was a gift from the high school at time of graduation and there are no copies. Our office can provide you with a copy of your transcripts that may serve as evidence of graduation. Please see the Transcript / Records Request tab for information on how to request these records.

Q: We just moved to Douglas County--how do we get our child(ren) enrolled into your school district?

A: Our office would like to be the first to Welcome your family to Douglas County Schools. You can find information on enrollment of your child(ren) on our website or you can call our Department at (720) 433-0095.

Q: How do I know which school my child(ren) will attend?

A: All schools in Douglas County School District have boundaries established by our Planning Department based on your home address. You can find more information in the Boundary Map's tab.

Q: What if we want our child(ren) to attend a school other than our neighborhood school?

A: Douglas County Schools encourages choice when enrolling your child(ren) into school. We have many programs including Open Enrollment, Charter Schools, Magnet Schools, Alternative high schools, Online Schools, etc. Please see Choice Programming for more information.

Q: Where do we go to have my child(ren) enrolled into school?

A: Enrollments are typically completed at the individual neighborhood school where your child(ren) will attend. During the summer, when schools are closed, we will complete initial enrollments in our office, however you'll still need to go into the neighborhood school once they return to receive a teacher assignment and/or schedule.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.

Douglas County School District Nondiscrimination Notice: The Douglas County School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, genetic information, or physical characteristics, disability or need for special education services in admissions, access to, treatment of, or employment in educational programs or activities. The School District’s Compliance Officer is Ted Knight, Assistant Superintendent, 620 Wilcox Street, Castle Rock, Colorado, complianceofficer@dcsdk12.org, 303-387-0067. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees and members of the public.